Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Brilliant Plan

Today my brilliant plan was to sit down to "help" Isabel with her homework. Well, my first mistake is that I told her I would be nice. Isabel is not a hurrier, nothing is urgent to her. So we sat down at 3:30 or so to do a paragraph from her spelling words, write her spelling words in alphabetical order and one math worksheet with 15 problems. It is now 5:10, I have not been nice, she has not hurried and I once again am feeling like I am possibly the worst mother in the world. I love my children more than I love my own life and would do absolutely anything for them except give them baths and help with homework apparently. That is where my patience ends. Don't get me wrong, God has increased my patience so much over the last few years that I hardly recognize myself at times but there are still these times that remind me that I need to rely on Him and not myself.

No comments: